Parking in Downtown Baton Rouge - Download this guide from the Downtown Development District, with garages, meter regulations, maps
- Capital City Grill - 100 Lafayette Street - Mon.-Wed.: 11 am - 9:30 pm; Thurs.-Sat.: 11 am - 10:30 pm; Sundays 11 am - 3:30 pm
- The Little Village - 447 Third Street - Monday-Friday 11 am – 2 pm, 5 pm – 10 pm; Saturday 5 pm – 10 pm; Closed Sunday
- Harrington's Café - 329 Florida Street - 11 AM to 2 PM Monday - Friday
- Matherne’s Market – 440 N. Third Street - deli lunch take-outs; market 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Schlittz & Giggles – 301 N. Third - Pizza and Beverages - 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 a.m.
- Poor Boy Lloyd’s – 205 Florida - 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. on Saturdays - Plate lunches, po-boys, sandwiches, salads
- Main Street Market - Galvez Parking Garage at Fifth and Main - 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Saturdays - features locally owned restaurants and specialty shops housed in a public marketplace setting. Main Street Market is open Monday through Saturday serving coffee, breakfast and lunch for downtown residents, workers and visitors. Validated parking is available in the Galvez garage during the week and the garage is free to park on Saturdays. Main Street Market also offers free wifi to customers. On Saturdays, Main Street Market combines with the Red Stick Farmers Market to create a community market offering cooking demonstrations, artisan food products and prepared meals.
- Faye’s Subs and Salads – 311 N. Third St. - 225-343-0283 - 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday; closed Sundays
- The King Bar and Bistro at the Hotel Indigo – 200 Convention St. - 6:00 a.m.-2:00 a.m.
- Subway – 301 North Blvd - 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday; 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Saturday; closed Sundays
- Jimmy John’s – 201 N. Third - Mon-Thurs. 11 am - 5 pm; Fri-Sat 11 am - 10 pm; closed Sundays
- Stroube's - 107 Third Street - Mon-Fri 11 am to 10 pm; Saturday4 pm to 10 pm; Sunday4 pm to 9 pm
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers – 302 Third at Florida - Sun: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Mon-Wed: 10:00am - 7:00pm; Thurs-Sat: 10:00am - 3:30am.
Additionally, there are kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves on all three floors in the Ministries Center for your personal-size lunch items and preparation. (No large item storage, please!)
Hotels within easy walking distance of St. James
Hilton Capitol Center - historic hotel from the time of Gov. Huey Long updated with new amenities, two blocks from the church
Hotel Indigo - a "boutique" hotel with pet-friendly policy, bikes, and popular bar, one block from St. James (in the IHG family of hotels).
Watermark by Marriott - newly opened (fall 2016) in a renovated 1926 building, the "Watermark Baton Rouge boutique hotel features comfortable and modern luxury accommodations and public space with cultural charm," across Convention Street from our parking lot.