Take me right to the video.
Agenda (downloadable, here) of May 7, 2017 Parish Update Presentation:
- New rector search process
- Music program update (26:08)
- The Love of Christ Always report (32:20)
- The Campus Plan (as developed by CPEX) (36:10)
- Reorganization of the Vestry (56:40)
- The search committee should be formed by the June vestry meeting, although the search process may take another year, through the issue of a call to a new rector. (The 2002 Parish Profile is here; the 1994 Parish Profile is here.)
- Vestry meetings may be moving back one week so that financial reports are received and books balanced before the Finance Committee and vestry meetings.
- The vestry has made personnel decisions based on need and finances.
- Randy East and Jason Hubbard are leaving their posts, effective after the May 21 worship services. Read more, here. Eric Johnson, Director of the St. James Treble Choir, and Sara Bray, Director of the Cherub Choir, have been hired as interim co-directors of the St. James Choir. Joe+ is researching and considering the need and possibilities of a full-time music director for St. James.
- The Love of Christ Always active campaign has concluded (though your check and/or pledge will still be accepted!) with pledges or checks in hand totaling $2,193,005, and the contract with Durable Slate has been signed and they are pursuing necessary permits to begin scaffolding this summer.
- Bids are being pursued to demolish Killgore Hall and use the area as parking until such time as a campaign for a building as envisioned in the Campus Plan is put into consideration. In its current configuration, the challenges of security, control, and efficient usage of space are requiring time, effort, commitment of church and Day School personnel, as well as practical expenses (utilities, etc.) in excess of its benefits.
- Joe+ is developing a plan for the vestry with four main areas of involvement so the communication and reporting to and from the vestry is better maintained.