Pilgrimage Into the West: Dingle Peninsula and Aran Islands
September 29 through October 9, 2019
Leaders: the Rev. Marcus Losack and Marsha Wade
Day 1: Sunday, September 29. Depart USA (Overnight on Board)
Day 2: Monday, September 30. Arrive Dublin Airport, Ireland.
- 9am Meet at the Arrivals Hall in Terminal 2 no later than 9am. (Please note that there are two Terminals at Dublin Airport. All USA Flights arrive at Terminal 2)
- When our group is collected, we board our private coach and travel to Kildare for a visit to St Brigid’s Cathedral and Holy Well.
- Lunch will be at 1pm in the Silken Thomas Inn.
- Rest time until 5pm Meeting for Introductions and Welcome with Evening Prayers before dinner.
- 6.30pm Dinner O/N Silken Thomas Inn, Kildare. (LD)
Day 3: Tuesday, October 1. INTO THE WEST.
- We check out of our hotel and transfer to Cashel for 11 am visit to the Rock of Cashel with lunch in Cashel.
- We then travel to Killarney via Adare. Check in to our hotel, with Prayers before dinner.
- 7pm Dinner O/N The Lake Hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry (BD)
Day 4: Wednesday, October 2.
- Breakfast, followed by a 9am departure for a morning visit to Ardfert.
- We will meet our local guide at 10 am for a guided tour of the ruins of Ardfert Cathedral and Abbey.
- Lunch in Ardfert at Kate Brown’s Restaurant.
- After lunch we return to Killarney to visit Killarney National Park and a scenic ride on the jaunting cars, followed by a short boat crossing (10 mins) across the lake known as ‘The Lake of Wisdom’ or ‘Lake of Learning’, to visit Inisfallon Island and its ancient monastic site (weather permitting).
- 7pm Dinner followed by Reflections on the Day and evening prayers. O/N The Lake Hotel, Killarney (BLD)
Day 5: Thursday October 3.
- Depart for full day excursion to the Dingle Peninsula including Dingle, Gallerus Oratory, view of Skellig Michael, Blasket islands and the Sleeping Giant.
- Lunch on your own and shopping in Dingle.
- 4pm Return to Killarney for 6pm Reflections on the Day and evening prayers.
- 7pm Dinner. O/N The Lake Hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry (BD)
Day 6: Friday October 4. THE WILD ATLANTIC WAY--BURREN, CO CLARE AND THE ARAN ISLANDS VIA GALWAY
- Following breakfast, we check out of our hotel and depart for our journey along the west coast of Ireland.
- We travel through The Burren via Galway with lunch en route to Rossaveel for the
- 6pm Ferry to Inismor, Aran Islands. Transfer to Kilmurvey House for check in and
- 7.30 pm Dinner. Evening Prayers after dinner. O/N Kilmurvey House, Inismor, Aran Islands (BD)
Day 7: Saturday, October 5. ARAN ISLANDS (1).
- Breakfast, then depart for a visit to Dun Aengus (pre-Christian fort and settlement circa 850 BCE). We meet our guide and pilgrimage mentor Dara Molloy (author and Celtic monk), who will share his knowledge and love of Aran.
- After Dun Aengus we will visit remains of the ancient Seven Churches and St Kieran's Church and Holy Well.
- Afternoon free. Reflections on the Day.
- 7pm Dinner and optional Social Evening with traditional music in the village (subject to availability) O/N Kilmurney House, Inismor, Aran islands (BD)
Day 8: Sunday, October 6. ARAN ISLANDS (2).
- Breakfast, then meet Dara Molloy for
- 10am Celtic Eucharist outside at St Enda’s Church (weather permitting) followed by Pilgrimage Walk and hiking via Cromwell's Fort and St Benan's Church to the Black Fort. This journey involves a challenging walk/hike across limestone rocks along the coastal cliffs. It is not for those who have any difficulty walking on rough terrain for about four hours.
- Alternative options for those who come to the Eucharist and Cromwell’s Fort will be walks beside the shore on smoother paths or quiet/free time in the village of Kilronan.
- Picnic lunches will be provided for this day.
- 5pm All meet at the Aran Islands Hotel (in the bar) for gathering and refreshment/Happy Hour.
- 7pm Dinner at the Aran Islands Hotel (subject to availability) or alternatively
- 6.30pm Transfer to Kilmurvey House for 7pm Dinner.
- Meeting after dinner for Reflection on the Day with Compline/Night Prayers. O/N Kilmurvey House, Inismor, Aran Islands (BLD)
Day 9: Monday, October 7. ARAN ISLANDS (3).
- Today we will tour places on the island that we have not previously visited including old stone forts/stone circles from the pre-Christian period, and travel ‘the road across the centre of the island’ to appreciate the stunning beauty and wildness of Inismor and the Aran Islands.
- In the afternoon there will be free time for reflection with optional walks or bicycle hires for those who wish to explore further.
- At 5pm we gather at Kilmurvey House for reflections with
- Farewell Dinner at 7pm followed by Compline/Night Prayers. O/N Kilmurvey House, Inismor, Aran Islands (BD)
DAY 10: Tuesday, October 8.
- 7am Early Breakfast,
- 8am Check Out and transfer to Kilronan Village for
- 8:45 ferry to Rossaveel, where we meet our private coach for travel via Wicklow Town to Bray, Co Wicklow.
- Lunch en route and visit to Wicklow Harbour where St Patrick arrived in 432 CE to be an Apostle in Ireland. We learn more about his voyage and have a short walk beside the harbour wall to see the mural of St Patrick.
- 4pm Transfer to our hotel in Bray for check in.
- 7pm Farewell Dinner at the Esplanade Hotel O/N Esplanade Hotel, Bray Co Wicklow (BD)
Day 11: Wednesday, October 9.
- Early Breakfast before
- Transfer to Dublin Airport for departures and same day return to USA.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- Registration is $ 2,950 per person sharing a double or twin room. The Single Room Supplement is an additional $750 per person (subject to limited availability).
- Price includes accommodations for nine nights, all land transportation by private coach, baggage handling, as well as local transportation on the Aran Islands as needed for our group’s itinerary, entrance to all sites as scheduled and any fees for local guides or lecturers.
- Breakfast and dinner daily are included. In addition, lunch is provided at Kildare and at Ardfert, with a picnic lunch on Inis Mor when we hike to the Black Fort. (B/L/D in the itinerary denotes Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Registration also includes all Ceile De management fees and the services of Marcus Losack, author, teacher, pilgrimage leader and St. Patrick scholar, who will introduce us to the rich spiritual and cultural heritage of Ireland.
- Air travel to Ireland is NOT included in the registration fee.
- The maximum size of the group is 24 (including leaders) due to the limited number of rooms at Kilmurvey House where we will stay on the Aran Island of Inis Mor.
- An initial deposit of $300 per person secures your place.
- One-half of the registration fee is due by March 17, 2019, with the balance due by July 1, 2019. A $150 Discount will be given for payment in full before December 31, 2018.
- No refunds will be made after the final balance is paid.
- We strongly advise that you purchase private Trip Cancellation and Medical Travel Insurance to cover emergencies while traveling or cancellation for medical reasons.
Ceile De Pilgrimages
Tel: + 353 87 2542284
Baton Rouge, LA 70808