A planned gift to St. James Episcopal Church can be one of the easiest, most fulfilling ways to support the church you love. Several options exist that could help you give more than you thought possible while still achieving your personal financial goals.
Some options available for using a planned gift for the St. James Episcopal Church include:
- Bequest — Leave a gift specified to the "St. James Episcopal Church, Baton Rouge, Louisiana" in your will. Charitable bequests can be structured in many ways and are deductible for estate tax purposes.
- Retirement Plan Assets — Simply name the "St. James Episcopal Church, Baton Rouge, Louisiana" as beneficiary of part or all of your IRA or retirement plan. This could result in estate tax savings and, in some cases, income tax savings as well.
- Appreciated Property — Donate securities or real estate* that you have owned for over a year and avoid capital gains tax on appreciation. You may also qualify for a charitable income tax deduction equal to the full value of the donated assets.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts — Provide a retirement plan that offers maximum income and makes a deferred charitable gift to St. James Episcopal Church.
- Charitable Lead Trust — Establish a charitable lead trust to make payments to St. James Episcopal Church for a set period of time. The remainder will then pass to your children or grandchildren. A lead trust could create significant gift and estate tax savings.
- Life Insurance Policy — Simply name St. James Episcopal Church, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, as beneficiary of your life insurance policy. This could result in estate tax savings. Or donate a policy that you no longer need and qualify for an itemized income tax deduction.
You can give direction as to how St. James Episcopal Church uses your gift, or leave its use unrestricted. Designations include:
- Premises Fund: for the maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds and projects of enduring character.
- The Christian Mission Fund: for support of worthy organizations furthering the mission of the church and for scholarship and outreach projects.
- The St. James Episcopal Day School
- The Parish Life and Music Fund: for the enrichment of worship, music, fellowship and lay ministry.
As an added benefit, when you make a planned gift and provide us with your intent, St. James Episcopal Church honors you with membership in the prestigious St. James Legacy Society. Join others who have chosen to make a gift in perpetuity to the St. James Episcopal Church. Legacy Society members are invited to the annual reception, where they are recognized for their generous commitments.
Contact us to learn more about these and other planned giving options. We can also work with your financial advisor or estate planner to help you customize your gift.
The information in this publication is not intended as legal or financial advice. Contact your own professional advisor.
* All gifts are subject to approval of the Planned Giving Committee and/or the vestry of St. James Episcopal Church.